A Wish of Comfort for the Japanese People.

My heart throbs with empathy for the Japanese who are experiencing such all-encompassing destruction and suffering from the natural disaster.

I hold you in my heart through-out the day, and wish I could just spend some time with each person suffering to offer a warm blanket, listen to your fears and comfort your distress in any small way that I can. Perhaps a warm wash cloth to wipe off the grit or soft socks to bring some small comfort to your strong spirit.

I don't have a lot of money but I have found a few dollars to send with love; from one family member to another. I watch the news reports with the level of concern that I would have for a direct family member. I truly feel each human being as family because I have seen the power and reality of interconnection. We are all in this thing called life together and when one of us suffers, we all suffer.

My tears give way to conviction that the proud Japanese culture will over-come this trial like the noble and spiritually strong siblings that they are. I lend them my heart for whatever these words of electronic bit and bites can convey. I am with you in spirit--I listen to your cries on the news and embrace you with my energy and offer my patient ear should your stress call for such aid. I bow to your resilience and await the day when I can visit the land of Zen.

May the deep compassion of the Buddha's soothing words carry you through this time of struggle. The international internet Sangha is holding you tight in our collective arms and send you our support in full. We are with you for the long-haul--you are not alone, ever. Even though there is a long physical distance, we are together in the oneness of the Dharma--think upon your international sangha family and take hope and str! ength in our united determination. I leave you with this wish, from my heart to yours, from the mouth of the wise Buddhist scholar, Shantideva...

For as long as space exists
And sentient beings endure,
May I too remain,
To dispel the misery of the world.

Whatever joy there is in this world
All comes from desiring others to be happy,
And whatever suffering there is in this world
All comes from desiring myself to be happy.

~Peace to Japan~

Popular posts from this blog

Famous Abbot Takes Up Monastery Dispute

Stephen Batchelor err on accumulated karma

Ikeda calls for “nuclear abolition summit”