Creativity - The Mind At Play Creativity - The Mind At Play Posted: 13 Feb 2012 09:00 AM PST The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves. Carl Jung Many thanks to the reader who sent in this quote. Love it. Read More @ Source Mind and Life XXIII - Session 1 - Ecology, Ethics and Interdependencece Session 1 of "Ecology, Ethics and Interdependence", the Mind and Life XXIII conference with His Holiness the Dalai Lama in dialogue with contemplative scholars, activists and ecological scientists who discuss the interconnection between individual choices and environmental consequences. The conference was held at His Holiness's office in Dharamsala, India, from October 17-21, 2011. Session 1: Human Impact on Global Systems for Sustaining Life Session 2: Interdependence Between the Environmen...
Tibetan man dies after self-immolating in Kham region Tibetan man dies after self-immolating in Kham region Earth, Mars, and Meteorites Inter-Are Application Ancient Buddhist statue found in Tibet carved from meteorite Portuguese Buddhists find new home in Monsanto Park A Place to Call Om: Athens Buddhists lack community, find practice Buddhist lama leads contemplative life in India India: Visa on Arrival facility likely for Thailand, Malaysia BTN and Jogye Order sponsors Thich Nhat Hahn inspired India plans to promote Buddhist sites as new tourist hotspots The Price of Faith: Chinese Buddhist Sites Plan IPOs Rioters torch Buddhist temples, homes in Bangladesh The reluctant lama With Assurance And Confidence Tibetan man dies after self-immolating in Kham region Posted: 01 Oct 2012 08:00 AM PDT Tibetans in exile gather for a candlelit vigil in Dharam...
If you're the kind of vegetarian, like myself, then you aren't a purist; preferring only the taste of vegetables. Even after 9 years of being vegetarian; I miss the taste of meat--yes, I know, a lot of vegetarians think that is blasphemy but it's purely about flavor. I don't want to kill or be complicit in the killing of animals for my food but I never hated the taste of meat. However, I do dislike the smell of cooking meat but I think that's from the animal fat burning. Anyway, so, I eat faux meat products--in other words, fake meat products, to get my meat taste fix. These products are usually made from soy bean protein and wheat protein. A lot of the synthetic meat products on the market today are surprisingly close in taste--unlike in decades past. The product I am reviewing today is Boca brand's meatless chicken nuggets; the actual name is, "Boca Original Meatless Chik'n Nuggets." I like to use them to make meatless buffalo wing chicken nugget...