Art



Withpalms together,
GoodMorning Everyone,

Latethis afternoon an artist friend invited a gallery owner to come to our house toview my paintings. I am a bitembarrassed by this, but at the same time pleased. I just do not know what to make of my workwith paint. Let me try to frame it thisway. I know sometimes my painting simply erupts on the canvas. At other times
ittakes great care and massaging to bring the image into focus.
Maybethat is the artists way, I dont know. What I do know:
Ilove color and soft, mushy lines. I amless concerned with what something looks like
thanwhat it feels like. Let me in and let me turn it over and over again
Toquote a line in a film we watched yesterday afternoon, Does it pull me in ordoes it repulse me? Hard edges do notpull me in, soft openings do. Mystery is good.
Notknowing what is what is good. Not having the meaning written out in bold,
simpleprint is good. Work that draws me in, makesme sweat, and struggle to get every juicy drop out of it is good. Art should belike love and nothing else.
Bewell.

Popular posts from this blog

Famous Abbot Takes Up Monastery Dispute

Stephen Batchelor err on accumulated karma

Ikeda calls for “nuclear abolition summit”