Silence



Thanks to David over during The Endless Further for this smashing Gandhi quote, to which we have nothing to supplement to today:

I must say that, beyond spasmodic exposing me to laughter, my inherent prudery has been no waste whatever. In fact we can see that, upon a contrary, it has been all to my advantage. My hesitancy in speech, which was once an annoyance, is now a pleasure. Its greatest good has been which it has taught me a economy of words. we have naturally formed a robe of restraining my thoughts. And we can now give myself a obligation which a careless word hardly ever escapes my tongue or pen. we do not review ever carrying had to bewail anything in my debate or writing. we have thus been spared most a fumble as well as waste of time. Experience has taught me which overpower is part of a spiritual discipline of a votary of truth. Proneness to exaggerate, to conceal or modify a truth, wittingly or unwittingly, is a natural weakness of male as well as overpower is necessary in order to surmount it. A male of few words will frequency be careless in his speech; he will magnitude each word. We find so most people impatient to talk. There is no authority of a assembly who is not pestered with records for accede to speak. And whenever a accede is since a orator generally exceeds a time-limit, asks for some-more time, as well as keeps upon articulate but permission. All this articulate can hardly be pronounced to be of my good to a world. It is so much waste of time. My prudery has been in being my defense as well as buckler. It has allowed me to grow. It has helped me in my understanding of truth.

Popular posts from this blog

Famous Abbot Takes Up Monastery Dispute

Stephen Batchelor err on accumulated karma

Ikeda calls for “nuclear abolition summit”