What Makes You Crazy?


The Dharma is everywhere. But we knew that. And we have been the clever spectator of the Dharma of me over the last integrate of days. And it hasn't been the pretty sight. It all started with the frivolous wish to renovate the residence we bought in to something the tiny some-more appreciative (man I'm the sucker for the visually pleasing). we decided it needed the tiny new kitchen cabinets, the wall out here, the bathroom redo. we have been possessed by guilt upon multiform occasions, thinking because this perfectly excellent as great as serviceable residence needed to be different. Is this the version of "eat your dinner, children in India have been starving?" But here it is, my tiny self wants things the certain way. Hmmm.

All has gone utterly uniformly as great as we can say we have been supporting the local economy, right? That is until the integrate of days ago when my equanimity as great as cover were completely blown divided by an confront with the major retailing bureaucracy. we won't go in to the he said, she pronounced of it all or discuss blue as great as yellow. But it was interesting to take stock of the shrapnel after it was all over.

I can say which often we keep my cool as great as negotiate consumer issues in the approach which doesn't leave the bad ambience in my mouth. we am often the tiny astounded which we do this, though somehow we get the tiny help from somewhere as great as negotiations go smoothly. But this time the whole consumer thing left me feeling rather unhinged. After too many phone calls to goodness knows where we knew which my voice betrayed my irritation. we never yelled or pronounced anything rude.... though still. we can do better. This left the bad ambience in my mouth (no flavour of Swedish gingerbread cookies here). This is the kismet of my own making. My friend the Buddhist nun always pointed out which this sl! ow bad a mbience when we know we could have behaved improved is the karmic residue. Behave great as great as we travel divided without anything churning in your thoughts (or stomach).

I additionally noticed which we spent multiform days upon the phone due to my personal stubbornness to give in to what we felt were irrational manners upon the part of those land my kitchen warrant in their warehouse. we did not wish to drive the 40 notation round trip to locale as great as compensate to send them the fax so we could change from pick-up to delivery. we longed for to simply lapse their authorization form by email. we clung to my expectations as great as belief in what was reasonable. we stood my ground. "I only wish to give we the tiny money to broach my kitchen. Simple, let's do this." we was banging my conduct upon the call centre cube as great as we wasn't going to win this the single though I'm the slow learner. Call the Vancouver phone number as great as finish up in Montreal. For the tiny reason this done me crazy.

And in the finish we allowed something of tiny effect (in the grand scheme of things) to disturb my balance for days. After multiform days of ridiculous phone calls, in the finish we only gathering in to locale as great as sent them their fax. we could see how my sticking to my in front of of what we believed was right caused my own suffering. It's the difficult as great as touchy one, to know when to give it up as great as we totally missed the cue upon this one. Ego, ego as great as ego, is all we can say about this. Was which Daffy Duck, who pronounced exit, stage left. we missed the call despite how daffy the whole thing was.

But may be we schooled the tiny some-more about how to import as great as measure what's worth it. What is the worth of my equilibrium? How do we wish to spend my time? Maybe we got to have the great look at how realistic we can be. And may be we will have the improved preference subsequent time. No promises, we am the bit of the slow! learner . So if we wish to try me out, have me think I'm talking to we in Vancouver when we have been really in Montreal. Then repeat the same manners over as great as over to me. Then forget to send me the email we promised as great as afterwards let's get in to the tiny incident of non returned phone calls. Let's see how we handle when we do this. It will be my Dharma test. And if we win we will give we the approach line to Ikea Coquitlam; the great kept secret. When we call there they will discuss it we to hang up if we have been the customer as great as phone the call centre. See, I'm still at it! Happy shopping. Just recollect to take it with you.

Popular posts from this blog

Famous Abbot Takes Up Monastery Dispute

Stephen Batchelor err on accumulated karma

Ikeda calls for “nuclear abolition summit”